Expertise VMF Winter Arts Pageant Throughout Downtown Vancouver
From February 16 – 26, the staff behind summer season’s Vancouver Mural Pageant (VMF) will remodel downtown Vancouver right into a free and interactive open-air celebration of public artwork and leisure throughout a number of places for its returning VMF Winter Arts pageant.
The third annual winter version of VMF is bringing collectively native arts and artists by way of numerous dwell experiences and performances starting from music, dancing, markets, excursions, galleries, events, foods and drinks—all to attach the variety of our metropolis curated by way of the overarching theme of “Land and Mild” as impressed by the darkest time of yr.
Over the pageant’s 11 days of actions, free artwork and leisure may be found alongside the VMF Winter Arts route going from the Vancouver Artwork Gallery to Bentall Centre and Canada Place.
Guests will discover a variety of sunshine installations, augmented actuality, and sculptures by artists from close to and much. The pageant’s most important dwell venue is headquartered on the Winter Arts Hub. Positioned at šxwƛ̓ ənəq Xwtl’e7énḵ Sq. (fka Vancouver Artwork Gallery North Plaza), the Hub will provide a free, family-friendly, out of doors area with a licensed bar, meals vehicles, interactive artwork, market distributors, and a lined pageant stage space with day by day dwell performances.
New this yr, the Bentall Centre Gallery will characteristic each indoor and out of doors artwork. The plaza will embrace laser gentle animations and sculpture whereas the indoor area will host an all-ages digital artwork gallery, bar and charging lounge throughout the day earlier than reworking on weekend nights into VMF After Darkish, a sequence of late night time 19+ ticketed pop-up events in a re-imagined inventive area.
Winter Arts Hub
Benefit from the pageant’s all-ages, out of doors venue that includes interactive artwork and free day by day dwell leisure in a heated, lined out of doors stage space, licensed pop-up bar and café, rotating meals vehicles, market distributors, and UV face portray.
- Weekdays from 4-10pm; weekends/holidays from 12:30-10pm
- Location: šxwƛ ̓ ənəq Xwtl’e7énḵSquare on the north facet of the Vancouver Artwork Galeery
Bentall Centre Gallery
Free, all-ages Bar and Gallery by day; late night time pop-up events on weekends.
- Gallery: day by day 4-8pm; VMF After Darkish: weekends – Feb. 17-19, 24-25 from 9:30pm
- Location: Bentall Centre Gallery, 555 Burrard Avenue
- Price: Gallery & Bar – Free all-ages; VMF After Darkish – ticketed 19+
- Bar & Digital Artwork Gallery – native NFT artwork showcase, bar and Evo charging lounge
- VMF After Darkish – Ticketed 19+ after-parties curated by completely different crews from the native music and humanities scene: AfroQueer YVR, Public Disco, Deep From The Underground, and bside.radio
Uncover quite a lot of augmented actuality, gentle installations, laser animations,e and sculptures by native and worldwide artists.
- Blanketing The Metropolis: Lighting The Method – BC Place, Canada Place, and Telus Backyard illuminated with large-scale gentle Coast Salish weaving designs by Debra Sparrow
- Current – Curated by Tafui, the Current exhibition highlights the creativity of the African and Caribbean diaspora by way of audio, visible and spoken phrase
- Augmented Actuality – Outside AR gallery at Canada Place that includes interactive artwork
By bringing collectively a celebration of artwork and know-how, gentle turns into a inventive drive within the metropolis. Take this as an invite to think about our relationship to the land—as stewards, settlers, immigrants, guests, and friends. Relish the chance to wander downtown lit up at night time whereas surrounded by visible and performing arts.
Go to VMF Winter Arts’ web site for a full schedule of occasions.
By Rick Chung
Supply Inside Vancouver