To mark the anniversary of the signature of the WE for ME (Worldwide Engagements for Métiers d’Excellence) Manifesto by all its Maisons in July 2021, LVMH has launched a documentary retracing key initiatives taken over the previous 12 months to help and promote distinctive artistic, craft and buyer expertise métiers.
Sharing insights from Chantal Gaemperle, Group Govt Vice President Human Sources and Synergies, Alexandre Boquel, Director of Métiers d’Excellence, and Lucie, Apprentice within the Givenchy Couture/Prepared-to-wear Workshop, the documentary seems again at initiatives in the course of the 12 months which drove momentum in recruiting abilities within the Group’s 280 Métiers d’Excellence.
The documentary opens with Lucie, who had at all times dreamed of changing into a couturière. After graduating from highschool, she confronted a number of challenges till her path someday introduced her involved with the world chief in luxurious on the “Village des Métiers d’Excellence LVMH”, an annual vocational truthful within the Paris suburb of Clichy-sous-bois centered on recruiting proficient younger folks all in favour of work-study applications within the many expert professions on the Group. Due to the occasion, Lucie joined the Institut des Métiers d’Excellence LVMH and Maison Givenchy, the place she pursues her ardour in the present day.
Directed by Juliette Nioré and produced by HRCLS, the 20-minute documentary highlights the array of actions taken following the signature of the We for Me Manifesto with a view to interact all generations within the virtuous circle created by the Métiers d’Excellence:
– The Wonderful! program for junior highschool college students to make them conscious of the totally different professions that contain distinctive savoir-faire, and spark vocations;
– Two Present ME occasions in Paris and Florence in fall 2021 to have fun all of the proficient folks, from apprentices to Virtuosos, who apply Métiers d’Excellence at LVMH;
– The You and ME Tour, which visited 5 cities throughout France in spring 2022 to offer an ever-growing public an opportunity uncover the savoir-faire of our Maisons and provide some 1,200 contracts in these métiers;
– The Institut des Métiers d’Excellence, which continues to increase in France and all over the world, and which has already educated over 1,400 apprentices since its creation in 2014;
– The Académie des Métiers d’Excellence, created to carry individuals who apply these métiers at LVMH Maisons ongoing coaching alternatives all through their careers.