- The Max Authentic documentary CALL ME MISS CLEO, debuts THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15 on HBO Max. This eye-opening movie, produced by Gunpowder & Sky, chronicles the rise, fall, and reinvention of controversial and revered ‘90s tv psychic Miss Cleo and options testimonials with these closest to her, in addition to actresses Raven-Symoné and Debra Wilson.
- Synopsis: Identified for her larger-than-life persona and memorable accent, Miss Cleo, born Youree Dell Harris, garnered a nationwide cult following on the Psychic Readers Community, a preferred phone hotline that later got here beneath fireplace for its alleged misleading practices. That includes interviews with celebrities and people closest to the self-proclaimed voodoo priestess, the movie explores the various layers behind a sophisticated and charismatic determine. Revisiting an period of corded telephones and 1-900-numbers, CALL ME MISS CLEO in the end reveals the reality behind the ever-enigmatic lady who took TV by storm, solely to abruptly disappear from public consciousness.
- Joanna Zwickel, Senior Vice President, Documentary Options and Sequence, Gunpowder & Sky quote: “Miss Cleo was probably the most well-known and controversial TV personalities of the ‘90s. CALL ME MISS CLEO takes an in depth have a look at the story behind the long-lasting infomercials and unravels the fraud investigations that ensued. We’re thrilled to be working with HBO Max on this movie that can introduce the true Miss Cleo to the world.”
- Sarah Aubrey, Head of Authentic Content material, HBO Max quote: “Miss Cleo was such an iconic determine to followers and believers nationwide, however her story behind the digicam remained an enigma. We’re excited on the alternative to assist inform her true story in CALL ME MISS CLEO via the testimonials of these closest to the mysterious TV character.”
- Credit: The administrators are Jennifer Brea and Celia Aniskovich. The producers are Joanna Zwickel and Celia Aniskovich. Van Toffler, Floris Bauer, Barry Barclay and Anne Loder function government producers. Govt producing for HBO Max is Jennifer O’Connell and Lizzie Fox.
The publish Max Authentic Documentary CALL ME MISS CLEO, From Gunpowder & Sky, Debuts December 15 appeared first on Zedista.