Netflix Documentary ‘The Redeem Group’ Premieres Globally On October 7 In Collaboration With The Worldwide Olympic Committee And Govt Produced By Olympians Dwyane Wade And LeBron James
Riveting Documentary Celebrates Iconic Redeem Group’s Thrilling Quest to Reclaim Olympic Gold For Group USA
- For the primary time, the Worldwide Olympic Committee (IOC) and Netflix have collaborated for this riveting and nostalgic celebratory take a look at the enduring 2008 US Olympic Males’s Basketball victory.
- Logline: Utilizing unprecedented Olympic footage and behind-the-scenes materials, The Redeem Group tells the story of the US Olympic Males’s Basketball Group’s quest for gold on the Olympic Video games Beijing 2008 following the earlier staff’s stunning efficiency 4 years earlier in Athens. The documentary gives an enchanting portrait of staff constructing and options insightful interviews with athletes and coaches from Dwyane Wade and LeBron James to Mike “Coach Ok” Krzyzewski, who mirror on how The Redeem Group set a brand new normal for American basketball. The documentary movie releases globally on Netflix on October seventh.
- The Redeem Group is an Olympic Channel, Kennedy/Marshall Firm & Mandalay Sports activities Media manufacturing in affiliation with 59th and Prairie Leisure, UNINTERRUPTED, NBA Leisure & USA Basketball.
- That is Netflix’s first collaboration with the Olympic Channel, which is the media studio owned and operated by the IOC, and likewise marks the Olympic Channel’s first time producing a movie solely for a world streaming service. They’ve opened up their never-before-seen archives for this documentary, together with basketball footage from the previous 70 years of Olympic historical past.
- Directed by Jon Weinbach. A adorned producer, filmmaker, and author, Jon Weinbach is the President of Skydance Sports activities, a division of Skydance Media. He was previously the Govt Producer and Govt Vice-President of Mandalay Sports activities Media, a content material enterprise based in 2012 by Peter Guber and Mike Tollin. His portfolio at MSM included producing The Final Dance, govt producing The Comedy Retailer, and govt producing 9 documentary movies for the Worldwide Olympic Committee’s OTT platform, the Olympic Channel. Previous to becoming a member of Mandalay, Jon produced and wrote Producers Guild of America Award-nominated The Different Dream Group, and was additionally a employees reporter on the Wall Road Journal.
- Produced by Greg Groggel & Diego Hurtado De Mendoza
- Govt Produced by Frank Marshall, Mike Tollin, Jon Weinbach, Dwyane Wade, Mark Parkman, Mary Byrne and Yiannis Exarchos with LeBron James, Maverick Carter, Jamal Henderson and Philip Byron of UNINTERRUPTED.
- Jon Weinbach served as producer and Mike Tollin served as govt producer on The Final Dance.
- Quote from Mark Parkman, GM Olympic Channel Providers: “The Redeem Group represents the perfect of what the Olympics are all about. This movie will convey viewers straight inside that staff and the Olympic Video games Beijing 2008 by showcasing the character and dynamics of a particular group of superstars who got here collectively as one to reclaim basketball supremacy on the largest stage in sports activities.”
- Quote from Govt Producer Dwyane Wade: “In 2008, I performed with heroes of mine, all stars, mates and future teammates. Outdoors of profitable and displaying the world that we have been nonetheless essentially the most dominant, our different huge problem was altering the notion of what everybody thought in regards to the NBA and USA Basketball! I’m excited for everybody to get a possibility to go behind the scenes and see all of the work that went into this iconic staff — The Redeem Group!”
FILM STILL HERE
Credit score: IOC/Courtesy of Netflix