Fall is harvest time! Have a good time by selecting your individual apples. Two farms close to Vancouver have u-pick orchards. Learn on to find all the pieces it is advisable find out about apple selecting in Vancouver this autumn.
Apple Selecting Ideas
- Verify farm web sites earlier than you go to see which varieties are ripe.
- Comply with indicators and employees instructions to be sure to head to the components of the orchard with the ripest apples.
- Gown for the climate. Deliver rain gear for moist days and sunscreen for heat ones.
- Depart your canine at dwelling. They aren’t allowed on the farms.
- To select an apple, roll it upward off the department and twist the stem a bit. If the stem comes off simply, the apple is ripe and able to decide.
Willow View Farms
This family-owned and operated Abbotsford farm has been promoting contemporary produce for almost 30 years. They provide u-pick plums, pears, and pumpkins. And naturally, if it’s apples you’re after they’ve 20 totally different varieties together with well-liked choices like Gala, Honeycrisp, and McIntosh, and heritage apples together with Northern Spy and Gravenstein.
Make a day of it by bringing your individual lunch and having fun with it at their picnic space or buying snacks from the concession (open on weekends). Make sure to attempt their signature apple cider slushies!
Location: 288 McCallum Highway, Abbotsford
Hours: Monday to Saturday 9 am to five:30 pm; Sunday 11 am to five:30 pm
Extra Information: willowviewfarms.com
Taves Household Farms Applebarn
U-pick apples are the primary attraction at Taves Household Farms, however they’ve u-pick goji berries, plums, and pumpkins too. Go to the Applebarn Nation Retailer to select up every kind of apple merchandise together with cider, pies, preserves, apple butter, and candy treats. They make their very own apple cider on-site – you’ll be able to watch it being made by the cider viewing window on the Applebarn.
Deliver your children to get pleasure from fall household enjoyable by buying an Applebarn Go. It consists of corn mazes, a petting zoo, a playground, hayrides, a pumpkin patch, and extra.
Location: 333 Gladwin Highway, Abbotsford
Hours: 9:30 am to six pm every day
Admission: $6 for entry to the u-pick orchard, retailer, and petting barn. Further charges for Applebarn passes.
Extra Information: tavesfamilyfarms.com
By Taryn Eyton
Supply Inside Vancouver